|Space Heater Safety
If you use space heaters, be cautious. Space heaters are a major cause of fires
and injuries during cooler weather.
The Home Security Store offers the
following simple precautions as a good start to practicing space heater
- When purchasing a space heater, make sure that it
is approved by a certified testing organization like Underwriters
- Read the manual that came with your space heater
before using it.
- If you have to use an extension cord with a space
heater, check the manufacturer's recommendations on the cord and make sure that
it is the proper wire gauge size and type.
- When you're not using a space heater, turn it off
and unplug it.
- Keep children away from space heaters; never leave
a child unattended with a space heater.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet away from
anything that might be flammable such as furniture, draperies or curtains,
bedding, rugs or clothing. Never use a space heater to warm bedding, dry
clothes, or thaw pipes.
- Make sure heaters are vented properly.
- Keep space heaters away from areas where they may
come in contact with water. If you intend to use a space heater in the bathroom,
check the manual before purchasing to make sure this is an acceptable
|Do commercial jets have locks on the doors and ignition keys?
What does "Case Hardened" mean when it's stamped on a piece of metal?
Ridge: Military advances in Iraq do not diminish risk of terrorism at home
Is there something in turkey that makes you sleepy?
SVAT Outdoor Dummy Camera
TSA under fire, but still focused on technology
Hidden Camera Detector helps you locate hidden cameras.
Learning safety - How a Wisconsin school avoided a Littleton-style massacre
Home CCTV Server
Street Smarts to Deter Crime
Sony camcorder Monitoring system
Compare Security Camera Products