|Street Smarts to Deter Crime
Unfortunately, crime can happen to anyone, anywhere. But
there are some effective strategies to help reduce your risk of becoming a
victim when you're outside your home. The home safety experts at the Home
Security Store offer these suggestions to help you avoid being
- Be alert to your surroundings, especially after
- When walking alone after dark, stay in well-lit
areas as much as possible.
- Walk with confidence in a direct and steady pace.
Potential assailants look for people who appear vulnerable.
- Walk on the side of the street facing oncoming
- Walk close to the curb to avoid doorways, bushes
and alleys where someone could be hiding.
- If you suspect you're being followed, walk quickly
to a lighted area where there are other people. If a car appears to be following
you, turn and walk in the opposite direction across the street.
- Arm yourself with a defense plan before an
|Wireless Home Security Camera System
Getting integrated security down to a science at Perkin-Elmer
Security's in the eye of the beholder at Affinity Internet
Wired B/W Covert Binder Video Security Camera
Coast Guard, maritime officials discuss new security rules
Technology protects the world's fair in Hannover
Video Security Camera
does the pop-up timer on a turkey work?
Keeping ATMs in focus
Cameras in England focus unblinking "eyes" on crime prevention
Cheap Security Camera