|List Price: $29.00
Our Price: $11.95
You Save: $17.05 (59%)
The new Opteka RC-4 remote control makes taking group photos easy by allowing you to take pictures away from the camera. The RC-4 allows the selection of either a 2-second shutter delay or instant shutter release. The RC-4 is completely dedicated to the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, XT, XTi, XSi, Elan 7ne, 7n, 7e, T2, K2, 300D, 350D, 400D, & 450D
- Incredible idea, fabulous item.
Fabulous, pocket size, help you to work off camera not touching it at all and no having troubles with cables. Now I'm sometimes in the photos I take.
Perfect working condition, cheap (not the hard prices of the Canon originals)and battery is available practically everywhere.
I would recommend it for everyone having a Canon EOS....more info
- Excellent Product
I love this camera remote. It actual has more functions than the one Canon sells for my Canon Digital Rebel XSi (450D). The range is awesome. I love the delay button... works great when doing self portraits. I use this remote all of the time when I'm shooting from my tripod. I highly recommend this remote to any camera user. So easy to use and it works flawlessly. Very impressed!...more info
- Works like it's supposed to
I was surprised that this remote worked so well and was so easy to use. It works wonderfully though - there was no set up required, I just had to turn my camera on and to the timer setting, push the "S" button on the remote and it worked right away. It seems to work from a reasonable distance (15-20ft). Definately worth the money!
The only negative is that you can't use it to focus the lens (product isn't supposed to do it). So if you'll be shooting pictures of yourself or other situations where you can't focus the lens on the object first, you might look at a different shutter release control that will do a half release....more info
- Works Great
I used this last weekend at the grand canyon. It was very handy and a great value. I look forward to using it for portaits....more info
- Great price, works fine.
What more can I say... it's a no frills remote that does what it's supposed to do. Feels kind of cheap because it's so lightweight; however, it does look decently attractive... it has a similar aesthetic quality to an ipod nano.
Buy this if you need a wireless remote and you don't want to over-pay for the Canon one....more info
- Opteka remote
Seems to work as advertised. I haven't had the opportunity to put it to a real test yet....more info
- Works perfectly
I bought this remote control for my Canon XTi digital camera,It workd perfectly from the fist time. I'm very happy with it....more info
- Worth the money
The remote is handy, small and it does what it is supposed to do. It looks quite good I might say and I am very happy I took this instead of canon original. For this kind of simple products (not high-tech) it is not worth paying for the brand.
After setting the camera in the "remote mode" then press S/2S and you'll get the picture.
On the other hand, the limited acting distance is what I expected. It is the same as with the TV set remote. You can not use infrared from very long distance...more info
- handy remote
product does what promises
item arrived by the promised day in the promised condition....more info
- It does what it's meant to do
I just got this remote control a few days back, and so far I am pretty satisfied with it. The shipment was prompt and it arrived even faster than some of the Amazon's own products. I am using it with Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. I chose it over some alternative products due to its compact size, and that comes in handy when lugging around a whole bunch of camera add-ons. I only have a couple of problems with it:
1. The user-instruction sheet is very poorly written and not very clear on a couple of crucial steps of the set up. It would have been more useful to have something that explains the set up in some detail with each one of the Canon products for which it's meant to be used.
2. The range of the remote is rather limited. I have not measured it exactly, but it seems that it doesn't work beyond 15 feet away.
Since it seems that a lot of people are having problems with the instructions that came with this item, I decided to post a simple set-up procedure that worked for me:
1. Turn on the camera.
2. Press the "Drive mode" menu button. This is the same button as the left arrow on my camera.
3. Toggle between different setting using left and right arrow.
4. Make sure that the "Self-timer/Remote control" option is highlighted.
5. Press set button.
6. You are ready to roll. Point the remote to the camera (from the front of the camera) and press either the upper "S" (for immediate shooting) or "2S" (for 2s delayed shooting) buttons....more info
- Wireless camera operation for Digital Rebel, XT, XTi, XSi, and most film EOS SLR's.
- Allows for shutter release up to 16 feet
- Instant or 2-second shutter release delay
- Makes group photos easy
- Battery included, Typical Battery Life - up to 2 years, 10,000 exposures